- Author Mark Nikolic
- Published February 28, 2012
- Word count 565
Alopecia is the medical term for excessive or abnormal hair loss. There are different kinds of alopecia (alopecia areata, anrogenetic alopecia, totalis, universalis). What all hair loss has in common, whether it’s in men or women, is that it is always a symptom of something else that’s gone wrong. Your hair will remain on your head where it belongs if hormone imbalance, disease, or some other condition is not occurring.
The thought of losing your hair can be a devastating one. Hair loss (alopecia) is a problem that men and women suffer. It is self-limiting and may cause loss of self-confidence. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, some 30 million women in the United States are experiencing some degree of distressing scalp hair loss. Anxiety and depression is common among hair loss sufferers, especially those experiencing total baldness.
Like we said Hair loss can be caused by any number of conditions, reflected in a specific diagnosis. Some diagnoses have alopecia in their title, such as alopecia areata or scarring alopecia, but many do not, such as telogen effluvium.Here are some advices from hair experts:
• Keep your hair and scalp clean. Wash your hair with mild shampoo to take away dirt and oil in your scalp. Keeping your hair and scalp clean is the most important hair loss advice. Frequent shampooing is advised if you have an oily scalp with thinning hair. These surface oils contain high levels of testosterone, which can re-renter the skin and affect the hair follicle.
• Eat a balanced diet. Diet may play a role in the normal process of hair growth. Vitamin deficiency is also a major player in hair loss incidence. Deficiency of zinc, manganese, iron, vitamin B6, biotin… You must eat a therapeutic diet if you want to be successful with natural therapies to address your health concerns. We like nutritional supplements and herbs largely because they are gently effective, with rare to no side effects.
• Avoid hair dryers and chemicals in your hair. Hair dryers and chemicals may upset and irritate the skin in your head. If the scalp becomes too dry or chemically damages, hair loss is going to happen soon.
• Scalp massage, proper blood circulation helps the body to become healthy and strong. This goes with the hair as well. It is good hair loss advice that you massage your scalp as you shampoo. It will help your blood to circulate properly and thus will induce healthy regrowth of hair.
• Hormones are common causes of hair loss. Diet and exercise are key to maintaining optimal hormone balance.
There are a large number of hair loss products out there that claim to help men deal with hair loss. You should make sure you do some research before you decide which one to use. The results aren’t often that good. However, most have not yet tried natural medicine as a solution to their problem. They have not realized that herbal shampoos for natural hair care have several advantages over commercial ones: they are easy to procure, inexpensive, and safe since they are natural and have no side effects.
There is a lot of product for natural hair care on the market today. Their active ingredients full of vitamins and mineral salts stimulate local circulation and hair root renewal. Sage and rosemary extracts regulate sebum secretion, prevent scalp greasing and soothe scalp itching and irritation.